Thursday, June 14, 2012

Creativity, Where Are You?

To my loyal readers, all three of you, I apologize for my lack of blogging. I have been in a creative slump lately. Last week was a great week, probably partially because I had a birthday but I also was painting like crazy with all these new ideas flowing in and out. I think I used up my creativity last week and now I don't know which way to turn. I am sure just like the weather it will change back one of these days, or hours, I am hoping for the later.

I was telling my husband this morning that I feel like I am missing something, like there is something in front of me that I am to be doing but I can't quite put my finger on it or see it clearly. I am not sure if it is a mental thing or a creative thing or a personal thing. It's just a thing. Kind of akin to Dr. Who always telling Ms. Pond that it's at the corner of her eye, she just can't see it. Then again maybe I am watching too much Dr. Who. However, I don't really think that is the case.

It was shortly after that conversation that I received an email from my sister-in-law about a printmaking opportunity at MCAD and I was so excited to see it. I am hoping I will be able to partake, I will keep you posted on that. I feel sometimes I am looking for something creative that I haven't found yet. I keep trying new things and discovering new ways to brake out of old habits. The reason I started working in watercolor for awhile, a new challenge that has it's own benefits when it comes to painting different subject matter.

It seems when one creative area slumps they all seem to, even my writing, thus why I haven't blogged lately. I need a new spark, and you would think I would be endlessly sparked by the fact I have a whole new lease on life but sometimes it is still difficult through these new waters. I still have days where I don't feel well, likely because on the days I do feel well I work really hard and then pay for it a few days later. That old saying make hay while the sunshines, that's what I do, I work when I feel well then suffer (of sorts) later.

Like the moon to the tides I am also directly affected by the weather outside my window, give me sun I move with it give me clouds I can't seem to find a direction.

Here's to sunny days ahead and finding my creative spark again. I have been contemplating the 30 posts in 30 days challenge, but I am not sure I could keep up or even keep you entertained with that many posts. But it might also be a good way to pull me up and out into the light again.

I will leave you with a few photos from last weekends photo session.

Lily

Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment