Sunday, June 24, 2012

To MCAD, huh!?

I have been busy the last two days trying to pack for a week-long vacation of sorts. I am so excited and yet so afraid I am going to forget something. It isn't like I am going across the pond, rather I will only be less than 1.5 hours away in Minneapolis but just the same I don't want to forget anything.

Why, you may ask am I going to the cities for a week? Seems like a silly week-long vacation destination, I agree. In fact I am actually taking a class at MCAD (Minneapolis College of Art a Design). Ten years ago I was accepted into their graphic design program but turned it down for the opportunity to got to St. Mary's University in Winona. I loved SMU and am so glad I made that choice, of course I always wondered what it would have been like to go to MCAD. Well this week I get my chance. I am taking a printmaking class that is all day, everyday this coming week. No pressure to be creative, I am sure. We will be doing Intaglio, Collagraph/Embossment, Monotype, of which I am familiar with Monotype, and haven't done that since SMU.

Not only do I get to take this class but I get to take it with my brother. How sweet is that, of course we haven't spent a week together in a very long time so let's hope we get along great. Only kidding I know we will. We spent a lot of time together last summer as he frequently drove down to spend time with me during my wait in the hospital. He blames me for his lack of garden last year, yeah, blame the invalid! In any case, we will have a great time and will produce wonderful things, it will certainly make me want to do more creative stuff when I return home. I still want an old printing press, that is in the back of my mind. Patience!

So, I will let you know all about my week when I return - unless I  find myself in blogging mode while I am gone. I am also going to be exploring MPLS on a bike, Henrietta and her owner are going to get a work out. Yea for us!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment