Sunday, February 20, 2011

The week begins again. Monday is the first of three days of appointments. The first three tomorrow are meeting with people and gathering information about transplant and the process, the hardest part is being there at 7:45. Now we have added another round of snow to the mix so that always adds on a little extra driving time.

I think the hardest thing right now I can think of regarding transplant is the length of time that I could wait for a set of lungs to show up for me. Everyday I wake up I take an assessment of how I feel, the mornings are the worst, I usually feel halfway normal between 3 and 5:30 pm, then it all goes down hill again. Where would I be without Ibuprofen, it makes such a difference in how my body feels. I just wake up everyday hoping I will have enough strength and willpower to push through. I am tired off this disease, I am tired of being tired.

On an up note, I got to spend time with family this weekend. My brother is painting for us, my sister-in-law is very effective at organizational education, I hope we can retain what she said to help things flow a little better around here. And of course I got to spend time with my nieces (11, 6) and nephew (2). They always bring so much joy to my life I can't put into words what it means. I try to give them all the love I can as if they were my own and hope that they know I am always there for them, no matter what.

I am going to sit here and enjoy my coffee and muffins while the snow falls out my window. It might make for bad driving, but a fresh snowfall is always beautiful.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment