Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 11

Here I am still in the hospital, the hope is to get out tomorrow, Sunday. Now as much as I said in my last post I was okay being here, I am really now ready to be out. The nights of beeping machines, nurse wake ups, blood draws and way too many trips to the bathroom... thanks to my nocturnal kidneys, and I am exhausted. Now I realize the bathroom trips don't change once home but the beeping...STOP THE BEEPING.

This afternoon my dad and I went to services in the chapel, it was really nice. Mind you I am not Catholic and after years of not attending with my Dad I have lost some of the wording from my memory, that and I am sure they changed up a few things in the last decade. My favorite part of church services these days has to be singing. It was so hard to sing when I had my old lungs, my voice was usually crackly, but most obviously I couldn't breathe long enough to hold a note. So now I sing my heart out, mind you I  assume I sound good but one never knows if they sound good to others or just to themselves. 

I have loved to sing for as long as I can remember so much so that I remember taking a piano book with current (1980s) music at the time out into the woods and sang out there figuring I could sing as loud as I wanted and no one could hear me. Although I probably still sung quietly knowing me because I would worry someone were actually listening.

I have never sang solo in front of people, just as a group in the children's church choir. The song I still remember, "I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise with a capital P I am a great big bundle of potentiality..." don't know why that one still sticks after 20 years. Wonder if my brother remembers it as well. Wondering if I might be good enough to join the adult choir some day, that would be unreal. How cool it would be to be able to breathe and sing to many.

In any case I will put my aspirations to be Adelle on the back burner for now as I have many things to do just to make daily life livable again. Hopefully if all goes well I will be moving back home early this week. A couple days at hotel mom and dad before my return home after 8.5 months of hospital and convalescence. It will be an adjustment for certain and I am glad that this abscess issue came up before I went home. You know the one thing that I have learned, if nothing else, throughout this journey is that God has a plan and He is in charge. As long as I trust Him, I can handle anything this journey throws my way. His plan may not be my plan but He has done amazing things through me and I believe there will be more to come.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

In the well spoken words of Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do remember that one! All of those songs pop back into my head randomly. "Kids under Construction" is the one that comes up the most frequently. Looking forward to seeing you today. When I read Tiny Tim, I thought the quote would be "tiptoe through the tulips."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "Step in to the Sunshine"? That was one of my favorites from those years and I do remember your love of singing along to the songs on the radio from our Cherub Choir carpool days. You should definitely join the Adult Choir when you feel ready. You would be very welcome in the choir loft again! Prayers continue and I hope the sun shines brightly for you when you head home today!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete