Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Clamshell Incision - Double Lung Transplant

So, I said I was going to post something transplant related and here it is (photo was taken Dec. 21, 2011). Not everyday I find myself posing half naked for all the world to see, but I figured in this case a picture is worth a thousand words and for those out there wondering how on earth the lungs get put in - this is how. A clamshell incision, made from under one arm pit to the other. The four holes below are where the chest tubes were, and if you look really close at the lower part of the photo on what would be my left side you can see the top of my stomach tube (barely visible, but there). So, there you have it. And yes, my sternum was cut and I have a nice loop of wire holding that together, which can be seen on my chest x-rays.

Clamshell Incision - Double Lung Transplant

Stitches still in chest tube holes, an nasty bruise. Nov. 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment