Saturday, March 31, 2012

Where Does Sleep Go?

Once again I find sleep is not exactly my friend. Might I once again blame predinose, or maybe it's they took me off my anti-depresent which was a nice drug because it helped me sleep and made me hungry - as if that was a problem. In any case, I hate waking up in the middle of the night only to find that it really is the middle of the night, as opposed to say 4 or 5 a.m., all though as of late it doesn't matter what time of night I am awakened I just know that I can't fall back asleep. Mostly I end up wide awake and thinking about laying a brush to canvas, if I were actually up painting I would probably have three more paintings under my belt, of course I would also have a re-decorated house and a book done and ready printed for all my mind has done these nights I wake up.

The other night I decided just to take tylenol and get it over with rather than lay there and fight the ugly fight, it worked...for a couple hours.

Speaking of books, I really need to focus more on writing it. I have been bad lately sitting down to pen my memories, not that I don't have them as I have had more flash backs of the vent unit lately then I probably care to. But yet I always think how lucky I am to be on this side of it, so then I appreciate the time I was on the vent, if that makes any sense. As I no longer have the trachea scar I feel more removed from that situation, but I certainly will never forget, it just fades like my scars and occasionally I get a glimpse in the mirror and remember for a second then move on.

So, did I mention that I tried riding a bike on Tuesday up at REI. I guess riding a stationary bike does NOT directly relate to riding an actual bike. Thankfully Chris is strong enough that he held the bike up right as I tried to traverse a straight line. Needless to say, it will be awhile before I find myself cruising down the sidewalk toward Silver Lake. Guess lately it's been hard enough just to walk a straight line, not sure how I thought I could attempt it on two wheels.

Have I also mentioned I am thinking about doing another blog. Not sure what to call it, but it will be food related - at least at this point. As if the world isn't plagued enough with food blogs. I have had great success making my own recipes as of late so I thought I might share, the only problem is I seem to throw in a little of this and a pinch of that so I don't really have adequate amounts. I will have to remedy that. I could also do a blog that's all about my creative outlets. I don't know yet, but I suppose I should as promised try to make this blog a little more artsy and exciting to look at before moving to a second one - nah, that doesn't sounds like me, too many things at one time and not focusing on one that's how I roll.

So far this morning has gone not as planned but I have accomplish a blood draw at the clinic, a load of dishes, a care pages update, a blog update, and unsuccessful lease deal on a car, and made mac and cheese yet I still haven't showered. Where are my priorities? Oh that's right I woke up at 5 a.m. with a headache the size of Texas, it's amazing I even got clothes on to head to the clinic. I was to go color eggs but haven't gotten there either. I better run and get this day going, it's already been backwards. It would be nice if I could get to Gma and Gpa's before Kai wakes up, love when that little boy comes out from a nap, that smile yesterday could have brightened the cloudiest day.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment