Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Traveling Tuesday

I am still trying to get used to working on my MacBook Pro as opposed to my iPad. At first I found it difficult to not touch the screen on the MacBook as that is how one navigates the iPad, so after a few finger prints on the screen and either laughing at myself or shaming myself I have finally stopped touching the screen. Now my problem seems to be which lovely program am I going to use for desired project. Case in point, I usually use Blogger on my iPad to write my blog and not that I still can’t as I am a pro at using the iPad keypad  but it is much nicer to type on an actual keyboard, so I switched over to the MacBook. So, then where do I write, directly on my blog site or in Word and then move it over. I decided to use Word, and wouldn’t that be nice if this was the toughest decision of the day?

I spent my whole day at the clinic on Monday, and Tuesday was the first day in over a week that I haven’t had to be up before the sun for my daily blood draw, my hemoglobin has been telling them slowly they are sucking me dry, vampires! On the up side my WBC is higher then we were aiming for – of course, I went from .5 on March 18, to 9 on March 26 or rather we can look at it from 500 to 9,000.

I also learned Monday that I once again have more questions than answers.

Tuesday was a busy day, ended up heading to the Twin Cities. We were busy in the morning so we didn’t get going until after 1:30, which many of you may know that before the days of my new lungs the afternoons between 2:00 and 3:00 ish I would do my therapy vest, religiously. Yesterday I grabbed all my drugs and what not and plopped down in the car for a day filled with unknown, okay somewhat known as we headed to REI.  But see not only did I previously do an afternoon therapy vest I also did one before bed, so by 9:00. Well now last night we didn’t get home until 10:00 pm and my only requirement, wash my face and brush my teeth before bed, nice.

If all that non-therapy wasn’t exciting enough, I got to eat out at my first restaurant in 9 months…9 months. I had food brought to me from restaurants when I was waiting on the vent, I have eaten in the clinic cafeteria and I have had some chicken sharable things from McDonalds as of late but I have not set down in a restaurant to eat in that long. I loved every minute of it. I probably consumed way too much sodium with the popcorn they start off with, as I am a sucker for that stuff, and the chicken wings, and the super tasty turkey wild rice soup. The hardest part was deciding what was safest to eat and drink. I am afraid of ice and then when they brought Chris’ ice tea it had a lemon wedge – I forgot about that whole thing. So, I opted for hot tea, figured that was the safest.

All in all it was a great day, I fell into bed and not sure if my head even hit the pillow before I was asleep. My legs were great yesterday I had energy in them I haven’t had in weeks, my lungs I still have fits with them and wish they would just shape up and work properly everyday not just on a random day.  But I will say Tuesday was a successful, happy, enjoyable day. I got to spend the whole day with my husband and I learned that the ladies voice on the GPS is about as annoying as nails on a chalkboard, and not only that but if I hear the words re-calculating from her again anytime soon she might be replaced by a good old fashioned map – which I highly recommend one carries in the car regardless of said GPS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment